Cavalier King Charles Spaniel – The most beautiful, friendly, and affectionate dog you could ever have as a companion. Those two big eyes and the way they look at you will be enough to melt you from inside. And then that lustrous smooth and silky coat they have, I am afraid you won’t be able to resist yourself from patting them. And then you will instantly exclaim out of sheer joy- I want to adopt one! But wait, do Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Shedding is a big challenge to manage?
Does Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Shedding is a Big Challenge To Manage?
One thing is sure about Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Shedding.
Yes, they shed, and so do other dogs. But that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to manage it.
They have comparatively long hair and shedding is normal, but the good thing is they are toy (small) breed and hence easy to manage than a bigger one. But grooming will be a regular routine.
And in this article, we will focus on those simple grooming and health tips that will keep your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppy from extra shedding.
Tips on Managing Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Shedding –
- DAILY BRUSHING – So first thing first, being a proud owner of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel you have to make a habit of brushing your pooch hair daily. Yes, on a daily basis, a light brushing on the coat will help to shed the extra hair at a time.
- WEEKLY BRUSHING – Apart from daily brushing you have to take some time out for thorough weekly brushing which will prevent any sort of matted hair. So it’s obvious brushing your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog is going to be a regular thing in your life. Hence you should not eye for the cheapest dog’s hairbrush. Always choose a better quality hairbrush.
- WEEKLY SHAMPOO/BATH – Make a habit of giving your dog a weekly bath with a good quality dog shampoo. This will help to keep the coat of your Spaniel healthy and silky. If possible go with the herbal natural ingredients rich shampoo.
- HEALTHY DIET – Apart from shampoo and brushing the most important thing to consider is diet, a healthy diet, that too in the right proportion. As told by your vet. A healthy diet will result in a smooth and lustrous coat. And definitely less shedding.
- CLOTHING – This might sound weird but yes some people make their Spaniel wear clothes like, some shirt or sweater, and it works, the hair doesn’t get spread all around the house. But you have to consider your puppy must be happy to cover up, else it may hamper their mood and may lead to some other problem.
- VACUUM CLEANER – Though its a no brainer, still it’s worth mentioning that vacuum cleaner will be your savior while living with a spaniel. So keep your vacuum cleaner handy as you are going to need it on a regular basis. One again I will say if by any chance you are going to buy a new vacuum cleaner don’t go for the cheapest one.
- RUGS – Rugs will be your best friend when it comes to limiting the spread of your dog hair in your house. Just put rugs of different shapes and sizes in every corner of your house especially at your dog’s favorite corner. This will save a lot of time while cleaning.
- GROOMING – Grooming your dog will come under essential when you have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with you. Visiting a dog spa or utilizing your own skill it will depend upon you. But proper grooming, hair and nail cuts should be done at regular intervals. This will surely help in excess shedding.
So now you know, a little bit extra cleaning chores are involved when you are planning to adopt a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, but in return, the love and affection you will get from that little munchkin will be huge and incomparable.
But still, consider every aspect thoroughly before adopting one. They must be toy breeds but certainly, they are not toys.
So, go ahead when you are okay with Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Shedding. They will shed and you are ready for that.